Monday, December 28, 2015

#MicroBlog Monday: Holiday? Oh, yeah, Holidays!

To see other MicroBlog Monday posts, go HERE.


The holiday season, starting with Thanksgiving, has been a bit different this year...and thus, I find myself on Monday, December 28th, going...oh, hey, yeah...Christmas happened, didn't it? 


There has been a lot of chaos, disorder and general anxiousness the past four months in our family, and with things not quite "normal", the holidays took on some of that Not Normal-ness...


First, we had a trip to North Carolina for Thanksgiving...when we normally wouldn't travel at all.  Then, December and the whole holidays with Hannukah and Christmas and my birthday--the chaos and the stress, the changes in our household for good and bad...it just all combined in making this holiday season...different.  Not necessarily a bad different, either.  But just--well, certain things we do "every year" did not get done.  Other things were done instead.  We had people over for Christmas (we usually NEVER have people over for Christmas)...we barely played our litany of Christmas music, etc.


The holidays came and went. We celebrated them, we enjoyed them...and now there is the season "finale" of New Years.


I guess one of the good things about things going by so quickly strange--I have not had as much time to be melancholy. (But New Years is usually The One with me where I grow quite sad and melancholy...which is why I LOVE this rendition of Auld Lang Syne, as it is so Joyful!)


So, the holidays are almost over--a new year with new holidays is about to begin...hoping the next year is less chaotic.


Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year!


P.S. Hoping to write more on my blog again--I got a new Laptop for my birthday...



3 comments:

Charlotte said...

I am glad I am not alone...my holidays were very different this year as well. Especially Christmas...everything we did was not what we usually do. I am just now getting a chance to sit and contemplate just how different it all actually was.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Hope life settles down soon. And I'm glad you got celebrating in, even if it was a change from your normal routine.

Middle Girl said...

Here's to things becoming less chaotic.

Happy, Merry to you.

Cheers 2016.

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...